This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Every mom knows how important dinnertime is – a chance to connect as a family, hear about everyone’s day, and slow down from the hectic frenzy of our busy days. And we all also know that meals cooked at home are more affordable and healthy. But homemade doesn’t have to mean time consuming! McCormick recently did a study using search data from Google to find the top 10 most searched-for family recipes – and put together some super simple versions using their spices, to give busy moms some quick dinner options they can feel good about serving.
Italian Meatloaf Recipe
Since I haven’t made meatloaf before – ever – I decided to give this one a shot. I love anything Italian, and this sounded like a great twist on a family classic. I had Mike help me prepare it – since he’s the real pro in my kitchen. It was seriously so crazy-easy, took about 10 minutes of prep time – and an hour later we had a totally delicious dinner with hardly any clean up. Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about.
Easy Dinnertime Meals with McCormick
I already had most of the ingredients needed for this recipe on hand – plain breadcrumbs, lean ground beef, an egg, tomato sauce and parmesean cheese. And because I’m a big fan of McCormick spices, the only one I had to pick up extra for this recipe was some onion powder, since I was almost out. The feature seasoning in this recipe is their Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning, which we use all.the.time. It’s super versatile and has such a fresh flavor to it.
Mixing Up Dinner in a Flash
As you can see in the video – that’s Mike making the meatloaf. My hands are slightly smaller than that :) The steps are as easy as can be – mix up all of the ingredients, form it into a loaf, put it in a pan or on a shallow baking sheet, and cover in sauce. When you pop it out of the oven you top it with some extra cheese, give it a minute to turn into melty-cheesey-amazingness, and serve! Easy peasy.
Frugal, Fast, and Fantastic Homemade Meals from McCormick
You can learn more about McCormick spices and mixes on their site – McCormick.com. One of the favorite things on their homepage is the little tool, middle right hand side, where you enter an ingredient you have on hand, and it finds recipes to match. Super helpful! You can also see the original Italian Meatloaf there too – the only thing we changed up was adding a little more cheese than it called for, and topping it with a bit of parsley. And lemme tell ya ladies, it was gooooooood.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1/4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons of McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning and remaining seasonings in large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. Mix tomato sauce and remaining 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Pour over top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until meat loaf is cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t forget to follow McCormick on your favorite social media sites – you can find them on Facebook at McCormickSpice, Twitter @Spices4Health, and Pinterest @McCormickSpices.