I love me some holidays. Any of them. I’m what you would call…. A Holiday-a-holic. So since we’re in mid January, and it’s getting close to the holiday of looooove, I am busy putting together lots of fun Valentine’s Day gifts. Like this super fun and sparkly mason jar gift… Check it out…
This was really easy to put together, and super fun. And I think it came out kinda cute, if I do say so myself :) It’s a bunch of Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses candies, in a small mason jar, topped with lots of sparkle and fun. I’ll show you how I put it all together –
First, I gathered up a bunch of supplies I had in my craft room. If you’re a crafty type, you probably have tons of similar stuff. I got ribbons, flowers, washi tape, paper tags, tulle, mini clothespins, and pearl beads. Plus, of course – the candy. Grab whatever pretties you happen to have, or use this as an excuse to go shopping for some new goodies.
I took a little paper tag, and used a heart punch on it. Then I used a silver sharpie marker to add dots around the outside edge, and write a simple XOXO on it – for hugs and kisses, to match the candies.
I also took some glitter paper I had, and cut out a piece a little bigger than the tag, to glue it to. So the color would show through a little more where the punch is.
Then I used sparkly washi tape to cover the ring of the mason jar lid. It goes on perfectly! And it makes it just a little more sparkly and pretty.
Then I used more of the same kind of washi tape to cover some little mini clothespins. It was too wide for the little guys, but since it’s a papery tape, you just rip off the extra, and kind of fold the other ragged ends over the edges. I’m new to washi tape – but have fallen in love. It is THE coolest material to work with! After that, I added some magnet strip to the back of the clothespin. You can use the sheets of magnet, and cut to fit, or find the ones that come in little strips.
Then I filled my mason jar with candy. Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses, plus some Kisses in Red Velvet. Ohsoyum. I love the colors of the wrappers – so I did a sort of ombre effect – light to dark.
Then, I needed to finish the topper for the jar. I traced the mason jar lid onto some sparkle scrapbook paper, and glued that to the lid. Then, I used a fabric flower – you can use any kind! – and glued a ton of different ribbons and strands of pearl beads to the back of it. And some ribbons, even regular fabric kind, will curl like holiday packaging curling ribbon, if you use it the same way. Try it. It won’t hurt your ribbon if it doesn’t work. But if it works – it’s SO fun to have curly ribbon strands :)
Then for extra fun sparkle, I added a pretty rhinestone to the middle of my fabric flower. I had self-stick rhinestones, but if you don’t have those, just use a tiny bit of tacky glue, or a glue dot, and add it in there.
The reason I put magnet tape on the back of the little mini clothespin, was so that it could clip onto the tag I made, and then attach to the metal ring on the mason jar! Fun, right? And then the person who gets the gift can also use it later, on the fridge or something, as a fun little clippy magnet. I make these for my fridge all the time!
There’s more Valentine’s Day fun!
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers. You totally HAVE to check them out, for reals :) And, if you have a favorite Valentine’s Day craft or recipe, please leave a comment and share it! A link to a post you wrote, or just a bit of advice. Love hearing from you all!
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side