Stumble Tumble Tuesday!
Welcome to Stumble Tumble Tuesday hosted by Acting Balanced and me – Sunshine and Sippy Cups! The goal of this hop is to use Stumble Upon to help you promote your blog posts and get more traffic. So read on, link up, and join the fun!
NEW TO STUMBLEUPON?
Please read this post to learn how to check to see if your stumble was successful. Some stumbles aren’t showing up, which takes away the fun for everyone. Take a sec to read it if you’re unsure – thanks! Now learn – How to Join the Party:
- Add a link. Link to a blog post that you would like people to stumble. It *must* be a link to an actual post and NOT just a link your main site.
- Make sure your link is StumbleUpon appropriate. SU is for “evergreen” content – posts that are just as interesting and relevant next year as it is today. Topics like recipes, crafts, tips, and humor are all great. There are loads of categories that also work well on StumbleUpon too – to see more, check out your homepage on StumbleUpon for ideas.
- Stumble other posts. You don’t have to Stumble them all – The whole point is to find posts that you truly do like. StumbleUpon only works well for you if you’re giving thumbs up’s to content you truly enjoy – so check out some posts, and thumbs up the ones you love!
- Check to make sure that your stumble went through. You can do this by clicking on the “Info” icon. It’ll tell you if it was discovered or not. The great thing about Stumble Upon is that it is fast and easy to do with the Stumble Upon toolbar – most posts should already be discovered, so you just quickly give ‘em a thumbs up, and move on to Stumble more fun stuff. Easy peasy.
- Please – Do not add your link if you aren’t going to Stumble anyone else’s posts. That’s like showing up to the party and forgetting to bring the drinks. It’s just not cool, man. And remember – One link per blog please.
When everyone participates, this is a super fun way to find really cool new content, fun new blogs to follow, and learn new things. And, if you have a great post to share, StumbleUpon can be a wonderful tool to bring new traffic to your best work too. Love it, right?
THE MORE THE MERRIER!
Parties are more fun with friends – so feel free to post about Stumble Tumble Tuesday on your own blog, and help us spread the word. The linky code is down below! TIP: The first person to “like” a post on StumbleUpon has to assign it to a category. If your post has not been discovered yet, please leave the category you would like it to be discovered in next to your link title. Example: Strawberry Shortcake Recipe (food). Thanks!