Babies are super cute… But they can be super expensive too!
I was already a freebie junkie before I got pregnant, but I really jumped into it more when I knew I had a baby on the way. There are SO many great free samples and coupons to be found for things like diapers, formula, wipes, food, toys… Really, everything you need to get ready for a little one. This is one of the best ways to try things out before investing in full-size products, so you learn what you and your baby like best. And you can rack up some major savings by stocking up on this stuff while you’re expecting – and it’s also an awesome way to build a frugal baby shower gift too, by filling a diaper bag with great samples, coupons, and trial sizes of baby stuff for the new mom to try out. Love it.
Samples, Coupons, Giveaways:
These are all resources that I have used myself to get great coupons, freebies, samples, and savings. The more mailing lists you get on – the more free stuff you’ll start to see show up in your mail too – Love it!
- Formula: Free sample of Simply Right baby formula- Sample Here. And then sign up to have a free sample of Members Mark baby formula shipped to you too. If you plan to use formula, trying a few samples first is a great way to figure out how your baby will tolerate them. They’re all very similar, but there were a couple that Abby just couldn’t handle well at all. They’re so expensive, you definitely don’t want to purchase a brand that you’ll end up throwing away!
- Baby Magazines: These are SO awesome – they have fun articles and helpful tips, but they also have loads of high-value coupons! Some of my favorites are KIWI, Parents, & Family Fun – but here are two totally free options – American Baby Magazine and Baby Talk. Or, get one for you – Free subscription to Ladies Home Journal.
- Walmart: Find new updated samples a couple of times a week, with lots of great baby options like diapers or lotions.
- Travel Mug with Photo: Ok, this one is almost free. Get a super cute travel mug customized with a picture of your new baby. Perfect when you’re away from them during the day, or as an awesome gift for grandparents.
- Free Baby Book: Create a free online baby book to privately share photos, movies, and more with friends and family.
- Free Photo Canvas: I’m sure you’ve seen this Canvas People free offer before… But if you haven’t used it yet, check it out today. I promise you, you will LOVE the print when you get it. The quality is amazing, and it is such a beautiful way to remember your favorite baby moment…
- New Printable Diaper Coupons: Check out Planning Family for tons of fun freebies, advice, and a great community to chat with other new moms. But my favorite part is the printable diaper coupons section!
- Amazon Mom: Sign up for Amazon Mom to get FREE 2 day shipping on almost everything, plus big discounts on diapers and wipes! And, to earn FREE Amazon gift cards get a FREE account at Swagbucks!
- MySurvey: I’ve had really good luck with product tests from MySurvey, and have gotten diapers to try out two times now. They seem to have a lot of great opportunities for moms to sample new products for name brands.
- Free baby tshirt: There are so many great baby tees with funny sayings on them – think up one of your own, and put it on a tshirt you customize yourself, for only $2 bucks. Or make a super cute big brother or sister tshirt, to wear when you bring baby home for the first time. Love it.
- Zulily: Sign up for a FREE account at Zulily to get access to deals of up to 80% off designer baby, kids, and mom items.
If you have a little one on the way, already have a kiddo or two, or are an auntie or grandma, then these goodies will help you a ton. If you know other momma’s looking to save some money, feel free to use the social buttons to share this to your Facebook or Twitter – everyone loves a freebie.